Senior Editor – American Media, Inc
August 2015 – present
Editorial Director, Thrillist Media Group
July 2014 – Dec 2014
Put together and ran a team producing quality daily editorial for men on jackthreads.com.
Monthly uniques doubled within three months.
Freelance writer and editor
September 2013 – present
- Work published on Huffington Post, MSN, The Sun, Maxim, Time Out New York, Loaded, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Nuts, Shortlist, Mademan, Fatherly
- Permanent resident (Green Card) holder with right to live and work in the USA
Deputy Editor – Time Warner
May 2011 – Sept 2013 (including three months as acting editor)
- The UK’s Number One men’s lifestyle website (according to Hitwise.com) with 2 million uniques generating 150m page views monthly. Sourcing, writing, editing and uploading content, managing team members, supporting marketing initiatives, maintaining user generated content, maximizing the brand’s social network presence.
- Using online analytical tools to ensure content is as popular as possible, working with commercial and marketing teams to increase revenue, and with outside partners to provide first-rate content.
- Working on initiatives to push the brand onwards in the digital arena, working with existing e-commerce partners, looking to create new advertising opportunities and sources of revenue.
- Working with the development team to ensure that everyone involved with the brand are working toward the site’s objectives.
Sports Editor – Nuts Magazine
March 2009 – May 2011
- Producing the twelve-page sport section each week for Britain’s biggest selling men’s magazine, working to strict deadlines to a consistently high standard and within budget.
- Commissioning writers, writing and editing copy, running ideas meetings, sourcing and conducting interviews, working together with online presence and marketing departments plus a multitude of PR companies, organising and compiling the yearly Nuts football awards.
Deputy Editor Features – Nuts Magazine
September 2008 – March 2009
- Producing 25-page features section for men’s weekly title, commissioning writers, running ideas meetings, working with celebrity agents, PR companies, writing and editing copy, organising photoshoots.
June 2006 – present
- Including fourteen months in-house at Nuts magazine as a writer, encompassing all men’s lifestyle interests and focusing on celebrity news, sport, gaming, TV, film, music, technology and fashion.
- Time spent in-house at Shortlist magazine. Feature writing (including 10 page special) and writing for news desk, plus a regular football column for Shortlist.co.uk, described by The Times Chief Football Correspondent Patrick Barclay as ‘a highly witty, intelligent and readable column’.
- Time spent in-house at The Sun newspaper on the features desk, additionally writing current affairs pieces for news section, and devising and writing features for The Sun website.
- Over a hundred celebrity interviews including sportsmen, musicians, models, actors and television presenters.
Entertainment Editor – msn.co.uk
February 2006 – June 2006
- Producing daily features and photo galleries concentrating on celebrity news and the entertainment world, sourcing and interviewing celebrities, writing entertaining, informative and humorous copy to strict deadlines, commissioning features, running ideas meetings and working within budget.
Writer – Maxim Magazine
September 2005 – January 2006
- Writing full-length six page features for a national monthly men’s lifestyle title, writing music, television and film reviews, involved in creative meetings, editorial tone and idea development.